I want to thank our customers, employees, and partners for helping Orum achieve an incredible 2021!
I know that all of the hard work that our team put in over the past year has made a positive difference to the sales development community, and has helped so many individuals and companies reach their goals.
In 2010, I started my career as an SDR and realized the true importance and impact of the position. It allowed someone like me, with no experience or connections, to have an opportunity to work in the tech industry and build a career. This changed my life in so many positive ways, and I don’t know where I would be if I had not been given that chance.
Later on in my career, I went on to build my own SDR team and am proud to have been able to offer this opportunity to so many others. Many of the folks I have hired have gone on to have great success in their careers, and remain friends, co-workers, and people that continue to inspire me.
We built Orum because we believe in sales development. Not only is it an incredible career building function, it is the foundation of sales talent at every company. We believe these teams deserve the best possible tools to do their job. By automating the most tedious parts of sales development, we allow sales development teams to do what is truly important: developing great sales people through positive interactions with customers.
With this in mind, I’d like to review this past year and share some highlights!
- In 2021, Orum customers had 288,225 meaningful conversations through our platform, which resulted in 755,022 minutes (or about 526 days) speaking to potential customers.
- Meanwhile, the Orum team raised a $25M series A from Craft Ventures and brought David Sacks onto our board of directors! This funding round has allowed us to invest across all areas of our business, most importantly, building the Orum team.
- Our Product and Engineering team made huge strides in product stability and features. The teams have been working tirelessly to set up our platform for growth. Achievements include improving our up-time/call quality, merging our integrations into a single experience, and making Orum easier to use and more accessible through UI improvements.
- Our team tripled revenue for the second year in a row. Orum now helps thousands of SDRs build pipeline faster and has enabled us to invest more in our product and customers.
- We grew to 60+ Orumites. We’ve built Product, People, GTM, Ops, and Customer Success teams with incredible talent from around the US to better serve Orum’s customers. When we started the company, Karthik and I wanted to build the company we wanted to work at, with core values of Accountability, Excellence, Integrity, Stewardship, No Jerks, and Great Ideas Win. We have worked towards this vision by investing in our people. In 2021, we revamped our health benefits, grew the People team, and held in person retreats to drive collaboration and friendship in a remote environment. We have been fully-remote since day one which allows Orumites to scale with the company for many years to come.
In 2022, we are expecting to achieve 3x growth by hiring an additional 100 Orumites across all departments. We will also be releasing net-new functionality within our product to help SDR teams work better in a remote environment, and increase the quality of their interactions and data.
With all this new growth, we have also made the commitment to continue investing in customer success in a way that goes beyond the typical SaaS company. Making our customers happy is the key to Orum’s success, and we promise to keep providing a great experience for all of our customers, big and small!